McDonough County, Illinois
Since 1967, the McDonough County Historical Society, a not-for-profit organization, has been an important force for promoting historical understanding and preserving materials that reflect the county's heritage.
See the Historical Society brochure for more information!
What does the Society do?
- Supports the preservation of McDonough County, Illinois heritage
- Offers free historical programs five times a year - September, November, January, March and May
- Produces a quarterly newsletter - the McDonough County Historical Society Newsletter
- Leads historical tours
- Sponsors Local History Day
- Coordinates the identification and marking of historic, rural cemeteries
Please donate to the Cemetery Improvement Project
The McDonough County Historical Society is calling on all residents who wish to improve, protect, and beautify McDonough County cemeteries.
Donations may be sent to:
McDonough County Historical Society
PO Box 83
Macomb, IL 61455.
Please identify your donation for the “Cemetery Project.”
All donations to the Society, a 501.c.3
non-profit organization, are tax deductible.
Any donation over $100 will entitle the donor
to a one-year membership in the Society.